How do we move forward in our careers? This three-step approach seems to work well: Ask + Action + Trust. Ask the universe, life, whatever it is that you believe in and is greater than each of us – Ask for what you want. Take Action, putting one step in front of the other – remember the Tortoise Always Wins the Race! Trust that your career will unfold in ways that you cannot imagine.
Steve Jobs expresses it perfectly: ‘You can’t connect the dots looking forward, you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me know, and it has made all the difference in my life’
Interesting article for both recruiters and job seekers! http://goo.gl/7ek5qF
‘The only way to do great work is to love what you do… keep looking until you find it. Don’t settle’ Steve Jobs
Why not take time out for yourself and spend a day in a supportive and reflective space to think about what you really want from your worklife? By the end of the day, you will have developed a Career Action Plan to enable you to take the next step in your career. A very positive action in following Steve’s advice to ‘keep looking’.
Full-day Career Planning workshop in Chrysalis, Greystones. Workshop details:
Sunday 25th January from 10.30 am – 5 pm. For more information and to register http://www.chrysalis.ie/event-registration/?ee=80
It’s tonight at 7pm – CV Makeover…. love to see you there or …. pass it on 🙂
Workshop Details: Tuesday 7th May 7pm – 9.30pm in The Lantern Centre on 17 Synge St,Dublin 8. (Park in the school yard, room is in basement beside Lantern on Synge St itself). Cost €15. There will be a cup of tea afterwards to share the experience with like-minded people.
I’m really enjoying the career workshops and I think you are too – here’s some of what people have been saying. Watch this space for future dates or click ‘Follow’ on top left-hand corner.:
- ‘It was a great day, I got a lot out of it, and you had a good bunch of people who spoke freely. I’m in the process of changing what I do and your workshop has helped me along the way.’
- I thoroughly enjoyed Tuesday night. I’m finding the workshops very therapeutic: – a lovely environment with lovely people.’
- ‘Great evening. When is the next one?’
- ‘I thoroughly enjoyed the day, there was a lovely warm atmosphere and I also gained an awful lot professionally from it. I’m not working at the moment and at a bit of a crossroads with my career, I got clarity on where I want to go and also the essential confidence on how to get motivated again. But as importantly the day was fun!! Thank you.’
- ‘Very interesting session on Tuesday evening… I enjoyed the ‘mood’ of the evening and the journey / technique of the ‘’life-‘visionboard’-concept’’… I would be pleased to participate in your proposed future program over the next three months’
- ‘I feel a renewed burst of energy from all the creativity in the room. Was positively spewing out creative ideas today in the course…. Mary, you’ve got to do more of these!’
- ‘I really enjoyed your Vision Board session today…It was really social with really good people . If you are doing another let me know as I would like to spread the word.’
- ‘I thoroughly enjoyed Tuesday night. I’m finding the workshops very therapeutic: lovely environment, lovely people’
- ‘Thank you so much for a great evening – thoroughly enjoyed it, and found it very interesting…. and looking forward to the next session’.
‘The only way to do great work is to love what you do…keep looking until you find it. Don’t settle’ Steve Jobs
Full-day Career Planning Workshop this Saturday in Greystones. Why not take time out for yourself and spend a day in a supportive and reflective space to think about what you really want from your worklife? By the end of the day, you will have developed a Career Action Plan to enable you to take the next step in your career. A very positive action following Steve’s advice to ‘keep looking’.
Saturday 13th April from 10 am – 5 pm in Greystones. Register on www.chrysalis.ie/event-registration/?ee=61