The sole objective of a CV is to win you an interview. If your CV is not being noticed, maybe it’s time for a Makeover.
This evening, you will learn to unearth, capture and present nuggets of knowledge, skills or achievements that you may have overlooked or failed to communicate powerfully in your CV. By the end of the evening, you will be well on the way to having an impactful achievements-based CV. You are welcome to bring your laptop.
Please pass it on!
Workshop Details: Tuesday 7th May 7pm – 9.30pm in The Lantern Centre on 17 Synge St, Dublin 8. (Park in the school yard, room is in basement beside Lantern on Synge St itself). Cost €15. There will be a cup of tea afterwards to share the experience with like-minded people. For more information, please ring me on 086 883 8383.
I’m really enjoying the career workshops and I think you are too – here’s some of what people have been saying. Watch this space for future dates or click ‘Follow’ on top left-hand corner.:
- ‘It was a great day, I got a lot out of it, and you had a good bunch of people who spoke freely. I’m in the process of changing what I do and your workshop has helped me along the way.’
- I thoroughly enjoyed Tuesday night. I’m finding the workshops very therapeutic: – a lovely environment with lovely people.’
- ‘Great evening. When is the next one?’
- ‘I thoroughly enjoyed the day, there was a lovely warm atmosphere and I also gained an awful lot professionally from it. I’m not working at the moment and at a bit of a crossroads with my career, I got clarity on where I want to go and also the essential confidence on how to get motivated again. But as importantly the day was fun!! Thank you.’
- ‘Very interesting session on Tuesday evening… I enjoyed the ‘mood’ of the evening and the journey / technique of the ‘’life-‘visionboard’-concept’’… I would be pleased to participate in your proposed future program over the next three months’
- ‘I feel a renewed burst of energy from all the creativity in the room. Was positively spewing out creative ideas today in the course…. Mary, you’ve got to do more of these!’
- ‘I really enjoyed your Vision Board session today…It was really social with really good people . If you are doing another let me know as I would like to spread the word.’
- ‘I thoroughly enjoyed Tuesday night. I’m finding the workshops very therapeutic: lovely environment, lovely people’
- ‘Thank you so much for a great evening – thoroughly enjoyed it, and found it very interesting…. and looking forward to the next session’.
‘The only way to do great work is to love what you do…keep looking until you find it. Don’t settle’ Steve Jobs
Full-day Career Planning Workshop this Saturday in Greystones. Why not take time out for yourself and spend a day in a supportive and reflective space to think about what you really want from your worklife? By the end of the day, you will have developed a Career Action Plan to enable you to take the next step in your career. A very positive action following Steve’s advice to ‘keep looking’.
Saturday 13th April from 10 am – 5 pm in Greystones. Register on www.chrysalis.ie/event-registration/?ee=61
There was a great buzz at the Do You Know Your Skills? Workshop last night as people brainstormed each other’s potential careers based on the skills that they love using.
There was also lots and lots of chatting over tea afterwards which is a good sign and it brought a smile to my face :).
Next evening workshops in series of 4:
7 May – Does Your CV need a Makeover?
4 June – Are you ready for the Interview?
The next evening Career workshop ‘Do You Know Your Skills?’ is on Tuesday evening. At the end of the evening you will have:
- Identified your work skills under such headings as practical, interpersonal, data etc.
- Identified the skills you wish to use and those that you might wish to park for a while
- Clarified which skills require more training, education or experience
- Brainstormed career areas that suit your skills
- And, if there is time, we will take a peak at your Interests and Value
How can we move on until we know where we are now? This is your chance. Pass it on!
Workshop Details: Tuesday 9th April 7pm – 9.30pm in The Lantern Centre on 17 Synge St,Dublin 8. (Park in the school yard, room is in basement beside Lantern on Synge St itself). Cost €15. There will be a cup of tea afterwards to share the experience with like-minded people.